Monday, December 7, 2009

Jalapeño


I love Mexican food, be it the authentic kind or the Tex-Mex variety. It's one of those things I crave for every once in a while but never really get to indulge in as often as I'd like because Mr. G is not particularly fond of it. I still mourn the decline of Tia Maria's. I miss their flautas, pizza and falling-of-the-bone pork ribs.


Nachos with baked jalapeno cheese dip (P150)

I had been planning this visit to Ortigas Home Depot for some time because I heard it's a burgeoning foodie's haven and I wanted to go to this particular restaurant, Jalapeño Cantina Mexicana, because I'd been hearing good reviews.

Steak and cheese quesadilla (P240)

The nachos with cheese dip wasn't bad but the Mexican nachos was better. We ordered two kinds of quesadilla, steak and cheese and chicken and cheese. Everything was smothered in cheese as expected but I wasn't fond of the brand they use. It tasted like the local cheese whiz. I wanted something with more tang.


Mr. G ordered grilled Cajun pork chops (P210). I didn't get to taste it but I can only surmise that it was good because he wiped his plate clean.


I was craving for the sweet-piquant taste of buffalo wings so I ordered from Buffalo Wings 'N Things next door. I didn't get the lip-puckering sourness that I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment