Sunday, February 28, 2010

Aubergine



Surf and Turf


King Crab Cannelloni

We finally got to try the much raved about restaurant, Aubergine, at 32nd and 12th Bldg. in The Fort. My personal review is mixed. The food was good but nothing to crow about. I ordered the king crab cannelloni while Mr. G tried the surf and turf. The crabmeat was flavorful but I didn't care much about it being wrapped in wonton. And had I known about their serving sizes, I would have opted for something more substantial. Mr. G had a different story. He enjoyed his surf and turf, and the Cabernet Sauvignon even more so.

Tiramisu

I was glad I ordered dessert because the deconstructed tiramisu was memorable. It paired well with the fantastic cafe americano. There are other interesting items on the menu so I'm sure I'll give this one a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment