Monday, November 9, 2009

A Tale of Two Markets (Part 2)

Never too early for lunch

Inang's Leche Flan--good, not too sweet

I met up with friends again the next day to jog in UP and to visit the Lung Center Sunday market. I did only three rounds because I still felt weak from my half-day diet.

Organically raised tilapia

I had high expectations of the Lung Center market but I was disappointed. It was much too chaotic for my taste. And it was so hot the cakes were melting on their pedestals. The aisles were lined with vats and kettles of cooked food. There were clothes and bags on sale too so it had the feel of a tiangge.

Seems to be a weekend market staple. Also saw this at the Salcedo market

An assortment of breads

I didn't see anything that caught my fancy, save for wheatgrass, which I've been curious about since Sonya showed me a flyer on how it helps in detoxification. I bought two sachet packs, one original and the other with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment