Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Tale of Two Weekend Markets (Part 1)

I've been wanting to check out Manila's growing list of weekend markets but I couldn't get myself to get up early enough. But with Mr. G in Hong Kong, I found no good reason to stay at home.

I asked two friends to pick me up and drive to the Salcedo Weekend Market. We got there before 8am and found the place packed. But we were lucky enough to find parking near the entrance.

My, what a feast for the senses. Just look at the pictures and tell me if you don't agree.

Can you smell the bbq?

I think grilling brings out the sweetness of corn

Giant macarons!

I gained pounds just looking at this.

Love the bread and the dips.

Chicken and eggplant lasagna. Yum!

Imagine with butter and garlic, finished with a squeeze of lemon.

More seafood

Mr. Crepe

Roasted calf

I'll be back for you

Man's best friend

So much to eat, so little time

Mr. G would love these but I didn't buy because I was told they wouldn't keep

I love kielbasa.

I smell lunch.

Heat of varying degrees

Lots of hard-to-find spices

Smoked fish

Fabada, my next favorite Spanish dish to callos

Will try next time.

So, what did I get to try?

I'll never pass up shawarma, especially if the meat is wagyu.

And Ilocos empanada.

What was in my shopping bag:


Seedless and sweet

From Davao

Very hard to find.

For one of my friends and benefactor, who's a malunggay believer

Sweetener made from coconut




No comments:

Post a Comment